JP: Winters & Farrell

A place to work on joint posts with other players via tagging stream.
Sebastian Farrell
Captain
Captain

Re: JP: Winters & Farrell

Post by Sebastian Farrell » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:04 pm

Pausing only long enough to press the door chime and wait for a permission to enter, Lt Commander Winters entered the Captain's ready room and offered him a bright smile as she held up her gift. "Good morning," she offered, at a level of energy which was very out of place so early in the day. "Our list of repairs is down to twenty six outstanding items. We isolated and removed the coding error that was preventing the replicators from dispensing hot chocolate which, personally, is up there with my top ten career achievements to date."

Seb silently watched the woman approach his desk with a frown as he held his PADD up, in the same place he had been reading it from. Her initial report sounded pleasing and, had he been in a better mood, he might have mustered a smile. But there was still much to do and the briefing he had received before was still playing on his mind.

She moved to hand over the report and paused before he could take it, "the lack of sleep does not bother me as much as the lack of food. Are you hungry?"

Taking possession of the data PADD, the Captain finally relented and relaxed a little as he nodded slowly and reviewed its contents. "I'm always hungry..." he admitted with a smirk, before placing the PADD on the desk. "Breakfast?" he suggested.

“Thought you’d never ask,” Aria grinned. “Mess hall? You are guaranteed the best table which means the best views. I believe this morning is a theme of old English breakfasts. Not sure what it involves...”

"Bacon, sausage, beans, toast, black pudding, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes..." the Captain reeled off a long list of ingredients as he made his way onto the bridge, leading the XO towards the aft turbo lift with a look of sheer pleasure on his face as he rubbed his stomach.

“So you are saying I’m gonna spend the rest of the day in the gym,” Aria clarified as they entered the lift. “It sounds like a feast, not a breakfast. Deck ten.” As the turbolift started moving she studied him, “is it just breakfast that has improved your mood? Or is your guest still aboard?”

The Captain bristled a little at the mention of his 'guest' and turned to face forward, his hands clasped together behind his body. "Breakfast... only breakfast," he responded quietly. "What about you?" He eventually asked, "you're always so happy! Have someone locked away in your quarters? Or maybe the new Doctor has taken your fancy?" he smirked as he turned his head towards her with a smile on his face.

“He certainly would be different,” Aria grinned. “And why wouldn’t I be happy? New ship, new start and in about half an hour I will probably need a new heart. This breakfast does not sound healthy.”

"It's not," the Captain declared as the lift began to slow down and eventually stopped. "It's always the unhealthy stuff that tastes the best..." he grinned before stepping aside and gesturing for the lady of the lift to lead the way to the breakfast extravaganza.

"Why thank you," Aria grinned as she stepped out of the lift. Even from here the smell of food filled the air and she wasn't going to lie, it smelled amazing. Even if she had not been as hungry as she was, she knew she would not have been able to say no. And, as they entered the mess, it seemed like most of the crew had the same problem. The room was busy, yet still a few tables dotted around the room. Spotting a corner table, she headed for it, sliding into the chair and taking a second to admire the view.

Sebastian simply stood and watched as the Commander made her way over to a table and shook his head with a friendly smirk of derision. "Number one, you've never been to a breakfast buffet have you?!" he laughed. "You help yourself and THEN you sit down..." he pointed across the room at a large row of tables where there were steaming trays of food ready for everyone to delve into.

Aria rolled her eyes, climbing back to her feet, “at least your smiling. Okay, come show me what is good.”

Once the XO joined him at the buffet table, the Captain offered her a plate and started to walk along the row of different items. "Sausages and bacon good," he smiled as he used some tongs to place a couple of rashers on his plate and then two sausages, before moving on. "Hash browns good. Beans good. Tomatoes bad. Black pudding... just no," he feigned being sick as he looked at the black pudding and swiftly moved along. "Then you have a choice of bread. White, brown, granary. Bread, toast, fried bread. All depends ho unhealthy you wish to be," and with that, he picked up a slice of white, fried bread - the unhealthiest of the offerings.

Aria followed him, opting for a try everything approach. Especially the foods she hadn’t eaten before. Hell, she could do an extra workout in the gym to make up for it. From the drinks on an adjacent table she picked out some fresh orange juice, deciding it would help compensate for everything else.

“We should avoid physicals for a little while,” she pointed out as they found a table.

"I'm sure the good Doctor would be disappointed to hear you say that, Number One," the Captain smirked as he took a seat opposite her and placed the tray down, suddenly getting a glimpse at her plate. "Good god woman, did you leave anything for the rest of the crew?" he asked, very tongue in cheek and in reference to the amount of different items on her plate compared to his tried and tested favourites. He got comfy on his seat and took a sip of his apple juice.

Aria gave the only response his comments warranted, by respectfully sticking out her tongue as she sat down opposite. “I’m obviously not going to eat everything,” she pointed out as she rolled her eyes, “but I don’t know what I will like unless I try some.”

To prove her point she used her fork to cut off a piece of black pudding, taking a bite. After less than a second of chewing, contemplating if she liked it or not, she made a face and pushed the rest of it away. Far, far away.

Reaching for her water and drinking half the glass in an effort to banish the taste. “So that was disgusting,” she said after a moment, studying the plate with a cautious look. Playing it safe, she took a bite out of her toast.

"I told you, black pudding is a no no. Now bacon," the Captain admired a rasher that had been folded and forked by his eating utensil, "bacon is the food of the kings," he grinned before placing it in his mouth and chewing. When the bacon was gone, and before he moved on to a hash brown, the Captain looked at his guest. "So, what are our remaining priorities?"

“Engineering,” Aria said as she set aside her toast. “While we only have a few more system tests to run, the fact they managed to tear up half the ship just emphasises how badly we need a Chief Engineer in place. Right now they aren’t working as a team. Lieutenant Matthews would be a good candidate as a temporary measure. As would Lieutenant Vilas... Our training exercises are showing marked improvement - I plan on one tomorrow morning at 0400. A welcome aboard for our new CMO so he can see how his department copes with a scenario involving multiple casualties.”

"They're going to love you," Seb smiled as he cut a hash brown in half and scooped it, and a small pile of beans, onto his fork. "We'll send Commander Zar down to Engineering. He can pull double duty and merge Ops for a while. Give him Matthews as a wing man and they can start getting stuff in order. We can't let this hold up our departure or Command will go crazy," the Captain frowned as he lifted the fork and devoured the mixture of food.

Tag
Aria Winters
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aria Winters » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Pausing only long enough to press the door chime and wait for a permission to enter, Lt Commander Winters entered the Captain's ready room and offered him a bright smile as she held up her gift. "Good morning," she offered, at a level of energy which was very out of place so early in the day. "Our list of repairs is down to twenty six outstanding items. We isolated and removed the coding error that was preventing the replicators from dispensing hot chocolate which, personally, is up there with my top ten career achievements to date."

Seb silently watched the woman approach his desk with a frown as he held his PADD up, in the same place he had been reading it from. Her initial report sounded pleasing and, had he been in a better mood, he might have mustered a smile. But there was still much to do and the briefing he had received before was still playing on his mind.

She moved to hand over the report and paused before he could take it, "the lack of sleep does not bother me as much as the lack of food. Are you hungry?"

Taking possession of the data PADD, the Captain finally relented and relaxed a little as he nodded slowly and reviewed its contents. "I'm always hungry..." he admitted with a smirk, before placing the PADD on the desk. "Breakfast?" he suggested.

“Thought you’d never ask,” Aria grinned. “Mess hall? You are guaranteed the best table which means the best views. I believe this morning is a theme of old English breakfasts. Not sure what it involves...”

"Bacon, sausage, beans, toast, black pudding, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes..." the Captain reeled off a long list of ingredients as he made his way onto the bridge, leading the XO towards the aft turbo lift with a look of sheer pleasure on his face as he rubbed his stomach.

“So you are saying I’m gonna spend the rest of the day in the gym,” Aria clarified as they entered the lift. “It sounds like a feast, not a breakfast. Deck ten.” As the turbolift started moving she studied him, “is it just breakfast that has improved your mood? Or is your guest still aboard?”

The Captain bristled a little at the mention of his 'guest' and turned to face forward, his hands clasped together behind his body. "Breakfast... only breakfast," he responded quietly. "What about you?" He eventually asked, "you're always so happy! Have someone locked away in your quarters? Or maybe the new Doctor has taken your fancy?" he smirked as he turned his head towards her with a smile on his face.

“He certainly would be different,” Aria grinned. “And why wouldn’t I be happy? New ship, new start and in about half an hour I will probably need a new heart. This breakfast does not sound healthy.”

"It's not," the Captain declared as the lift began to slow down and eventually stopped. "It's always the unhealthy stuff that tastes the best..." he grinned before stepping aside and gesturing for the lady of the lift to lead the way to the breakfast extravaganza.

"Why thank you," Aria grinned as she stepped out of the lift. Even from here the smell of food filled the air and she wasn't going to lie, it smelled amazing. Even if she had not been as hungry as she was, she knew she would not have been able to say no. And, as they entered the mess, it seemed like most of the crew had the same problem. The room was busy, yet still a few tables dotted around the room. Spotting a corner table, she headed for it, sliding into the chair and taking a second to admire the view.

Sebastian simply stood and watched as the Commander made her way over to a table and shook his head with a friendly smirk of derision. "Number one, you've never been to a breakfast buffet have you?!" he laughed. "You help yourself and THEN you sit down..." he pointed across the room at a large row of tables where there were steaming trays of food ready for everyone to delve into.

Aria rolled her eyes, climbing back to her feet, “at least your smiling. Okay, come show me what is good.”

Once the XO joined him at the buffet table, the Captain offered her a plate and started to walk along the row of different items. "Sausages and bacon good," he smiled as he used some tongs to place a couple of rashers on his plate and then two sausages, before moving on. "Hash browns good. Beans good. Tomatoes bad. Black pudding... just no," he feigned being sick as he looked at the black pudding and swiftly moved along. "Then you have a choice of bread. White, brown, granary. Bread, toast, fried bread. All depends ho unhealthy you wish to be," and with that, he picked up a slice of white, fried bread - the unhealthiest of the offerings.

Aria followed him, opting for a try everything approach. Especially the foods she hadn’t eaten before. Hell, she could do an extra workout in the gym to make up for it. From the drinks on an adjacent table she picked out some fresh orange juice, deciding it would help compensate for everything else.

“We should avoid physicals for a little while,” she pointed out as they found a table.

"I'm sure the good Doctor would be disappointed to hear you say that, Number One," the Captain smirked as he took a seat opposite her and placed the tray down, suddenly getting a glimpse at her plate. "Good god woman, did you leave anything for the rest of the crew?" he asked, very tongue in cheek and in reference to the amount of different items on her plate compared to his tried and tested favourites. He got comfy on his seat and took a sip of his apple juice.

Aria gave the only response his comments warranted, by respectfully sticking out her tongue as she sat down opposite. “I’m obviously not going to eat everything,” she pointed out as she rolled her eyes, “but I don’t know what I will like unless I try some.”

To prove her point she used her fork to cut off a piece of black pudding, taking a bite. After less than a second of chewing, contemplating if she liked it or not, she made a face and pushed the rest of it away. Far, far away.

Reaching for her water and drinking half the glass in an effort to banish the taste. “So that was disgusting,” she said after a moment, studying the plate with a cautious look. Playing it safe, she took a bite out of her toast.

"I told you, black pudding is a no no. Now bacon," the Captain admired a rasher that had been folded and forked by his eating utensil, "bacon is the food of the kings," he grinned before placing it in his mouth and chewing. When the bacon was gone, and before he moved on to a hash brown, the Captain looked at his guest. "So, what are our remaining priorities?"

“Engineering,” Aria said as she set aside her toast. “While we only have a few more system tests to run, the fact they managed to tear up half the ship just emphasises how badly we need a Chief Engineer in place. Right now they aren’t working as a team. Lieutenant Matthews would be a good candidate as a temporary measure. As would Lieutenant Vilas... Our training exercises are showing marked improvement - I plan on one tomorrow morning at 0400. A welcome aboard for our new CMO so he can see how his department copes with a scenario involving multiple casualties.”

"They're going to love you," Seb smiled as he cut a hash brown in half and scooped it, and a small pile of beans, onto his fork. "We'll send Commander Zar down to Engineering. He can pull double duty and merge Ops for a while. Give him Matthews as a wing man and they can start getting stuff in order. We can't let this hold up our departure or Command will go crazy," the Captain frowned as he lifted the fork and devoured the mixture of food.

“I think a lot of the crew will as well,” Aria commented as she took another bite out of her toast. “Shall I speak with Commander Zar or would you like to give him the good news?”

Tag
Sebastian Farrell
Captain
Captain

Post by Sebastian Farrell » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:53 pm

“I think a lot of the crew will as well,” Aria commented as she took another bite out of her toast. “Shall I speak with Commander Zar or would you like to give him the good news?”

"I'll do it," Seb confirmed as he devoured the last of his hash brown-bacon-bean combo, "I need to have a bit of a chat with him and our young Tactical Chief anyway," the Captain revealed, pushing his plate aside and lifting his apple juice glass to his lips, before pausing. "I'd like you to get the lay of the land on the bridge. Run a couple of diagnostics from up there and see where we're at. I need to have some good news to report to the Admiralty or we will never get out of this place..."

TAGS

Tag
Aria Winters
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aria Winters » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Mission Day 02 - August 2nd, 2368
0700 Hours

"I'll do it," Seb confirmed as he devoured the last of his hash brown-bacon-bean combo, "I need to have a bit of a chat with him and our young Tactical Chief anyway," the Captain revealed, pushing his plate aside and lifting his apple juice glass to his lips, before pausing. "I'd like you to get the lay of the land on the bridge. Run a couple of diagnostics from up there and see where we're at. I need to have some good news to report to the Admiralty or we will never get out of this place..."

“Oh, I don’t know,” Aria asked as she took a bite out of her toast, “provided you don’t ask him about his cat, Admiral Kyle's bark is worse than his bite.”

With a grin she rose, picking up her plate. “Consider it done.”

Sebastian mimicked her actions as he rose to his feet. "First, I think I'll stop by impulse control and see how things are progressing..." he mused with a raised eyebrow towards the XO. They both knew what that meant, and it most likely wouldn't be pleasant...