From Nogura and Ulysses Database
In an era of unprecedented tension, the year 2293 finally brought peace and stability to the entire alpha quadrant. Following the destruction of the Klingon moon Praxis, peace talks began with the aim of bringing an end fifty years of hostilities between the Klingon Empire and Starfleet, and the proposal to dismantle all starbases in and around the Neutral Zone. The peace talks at Camp Khitomer were threatened when the Klingon Chancellor was assassinated and the blame fells on the crew of the USS Enterprise but, thanks to the timely intervention of the starships Enterprise and Excelsior, the peace talks resulted in the signing of the Khitomer Peace Accords and a new era of peace and friendship.
With attention freely turning elsewhere for the first time in decades, Starfleet is ready to begin many new missions of peaceful exploration and scientific endeavour. At Utopia Planitia, “Project Ulysses” enters the final phase of construction and her new Captain is assigned to get the ship and crew ready for an exciting new mission of exploration. The third Excelsior-class starship to be completed, the Ulysses launches to great fan fare when shown to the public for the first time, but the course of peace never runs smoothly and soon enough, Ulysses will become embroiled in a turn of events that will make fifty years of Klingon conflict look like child’s play…
Meanwhile, nearly 100 years later...
As the first Starfleet vessel constructed in the shipyards of the Gamma Quadrant, the USS Nogura continues the proud traditions and reputations of previous vessels to bear her name. A brand-new ship with the latest technologies and a fearsome reputation to live up to, the Nogura is sure to make her presence felt in the space lanes of the Alpha Quadrant following her transfer to Task Force 72 and the home quadrants. But beyond the traditional heartlands of the Federation, the course of peace never runs smoothly...
Many light-years to the south-west of Sol exists an isolated, desolate region, cut off from the rest of the galaxy by large swathes of Federation, K’Zinti and Talarian territory. A lawless hotbed of activity filled with many worlds and species all lightyears apart, all free to come and go as they please. The area is known by many names, but to Starfleet it is known simply as ‘The Wastelands’.
- This database is a player run encyclopaedia style resource for the Nogura, hopefully expanding to other sims involved with the war in the future.
Contribute to the Database
- This wiki database is written for the players, by the players. Anyone can edit articles, create pages and upload images. As we are a relatively new database, there's plenty of room to get involved. To get started, all you need to do is create an account.
- If you have any suggestions for the wiki, then please feel free to post them in the community discord channel.
- The Wiki was launched on August 23rd 2018. We are maintaining 643 pages including 46 articles, and have 1 registered users!
- The Ulysses is currently a classified construction project at the Utopia Planitia Fleetyards, the ship only recently having been given the name in honor of the previous starship that was retired after many years of dedicated service in the Beta Quadrant.
- Newly promoted Captain Tharia sh'Elas is assigned command of the Ulysses and begins to assemble her command staff for the vessel.