The Ten Commandments are set in stone aboard the Nogura and they are our vision for what a successful sim will look like with a crew that is engaged, happy and willing to collaborate. All CO’s desire their crew to have fun when on their sim and Captain Farrell is no different.
The Ten Commandments of Simming!
1. Creativity is key, creative entries give life to your character. Be creative and have fun!
2. Pay attention to detail. Keep up with what others write in their entries – it just might affect your character!
3. Be flexible because when you’re writing with a group of people, anything can happen.
4. Remember the Golden Rule – treat others in your entries the way you want to be treated in theirs – with respect.
5. Post, post, post. You never write too many entries.
6. Words are powerful, use them carefully, and write so others understand what you’re doing.
7. Communicate; talk out of character (OOC) with other crew members via email, instant messengers and the OOC threads. It builds cohesion and can add to creativity.
8. Stay involved, you can’t always be the center of attention… but that doesn’t mean your character can’t do anything. It is a big ship.
9. Develop your character. Make sure you use traits about your character in your entries. Don’t write a BIO and then play your character completely different.
10. Be consistent, that way others know what to expect of you.